If you are under 18
- If you are under 13 get your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before ever giving out any personal information to any website, including the Wocto website.
- Kids under 13 can enjoy the things for kids or “kids only” on Wocto.com without giving out any personal identifiable information.
- You must be 18 or older to order from the Wocto online store.
Children Visiting Wocto.com:
Important information for Parents, Guardians, and Teachers
- We do not collect or keep personal identifiable informationfrom our online visitors under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian (except as described in the “Under What Special Circumstances” heading below).
- There are fun activities for children (By a “child” we mean any person under the age of 13-years-old) on our website, such as games, downloadable art and more. Children can participate in these activities without having to disclose any personal identifiable information.
- If, at any time, Wocto conducts an activity where it is necessary to collect personal identifiable information from a child, we will make every attempt to not collect any more personal identifiable information than reasonably necessary to conduct that activity.
Under What Special Circumstances might you collect personal identifiable information from a child under the age of 13?
- To answer/respond-- on a one-time basis--to a specific request from the child. (The information is deleted from our system, unless a parent or guardian says it is okay to keep it in our database)
- To request the name or online contact information of a parent or child that is used for the sole purpose of obtaining parental consent.
- To answer/respond more than once directly to a specific request from the child and is not used to re-contact the child beyond the scope of that request. In this instance we will first use reasonable efforts to provide parental notice of the online contact. (Afterwards, it will be deleted from our system, unless a parent or guardian says it is okay to keep it in our database )
- To retrieve the name of the child and online contact information to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the safety of a child participant on the site.
- The collection, use, or dissemination of such information by Wocto, necessary to protect the security or integrity of its website; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; or to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
NOTE: At any time a parent or legal guardian may request what information has been collected from their child, the purposes for which it is to be used, and have an opportunity to request that Wocto make no further use of the information and that it not be maintained in retrievable form. Address: “Parent or Legal Guardian Request for Information. Send to: email@example.com
“Personally identifiable information,” means information that identifies you—typically: Your name (first and last), address, phone number, and email address, for instance. We do collect personal identifiable information from our visitors 18 and over, to process and fulfill orders. We may also collect personal information, if you are 13 or older, (for instance, on our “Join our Mailing List”) to send you announcements about new books, music, lesson plans, merchandise, contests; invite readers/visitors to submit suggestions or content, or, subscribe to Wocto E-news or newsletter, among other things. This information helps Wocto develop new products and services that you might be interested in. If you would like to “opt out,” (discontinue receiving email, announcements or news from Wocto) you can click on the link “opt out” included in all of our mailings, that will enable you to stop receiving—i.e. “opt out”—of future Wocto mailings.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This is information that is tracked anonymously, and will not
lead back to you. Wocto.com may collect and sometimes post
non-personally identifiable information like first name only, initials, age, grade, or state, for Wocto games, classroom activities, bulletin boards, reviews, etc., on any visitor.
The term “Cookies” refers here to software technology Wocto uses to collect non-personally-identifiable information such as information about your service providers, browsers, and operating platforms. or other information that doesn’t lead us back to you. ( but may help us to continue to improve the Wocto website). We use third-party companies to monitor traffic to Wocto.com. These companies may use aggregate information about visitors to our website that provide them and us with non-personally identifiable data.
Wocto uses secure server software over a SSL—Secure Socket Layer-- to encrypt and protect your information when you order something from our online store.
Links to other Websites
Sometimes Wocto will provide links to our visitors to other websites we think might interest you. These websites are independently owned and operated/managed and we do not monitor or control the content on them which may often change. Therefore, we highly recommend that you monitor children when they navigate away from our website, to another.
How to Reach Us
Wocto.com is owned and operated by Wocto, LLC.
Mailing address: 7486 La Jolla Blvd., PMB 559, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Toll-free phone number: (888) 551-5010